Friday, April 3, 2009

e x p e r i e n c e


People always say you learn from experience, and I couldn't agree more. I've always been a hands-on learner, so for me, understanding GOD's power should be no different.


Yesterday, I was stressing and uptight and just having one of those moments where you just need a release. So, release is what I did. I used to be terrified of storms, still can be at times. But yesterday, I couldn't wait for it to start pouring rain. I saw that the tornados weren't going to be coming through here, so I waited.... The raindrops came...slowly. But then the dark, ominous clouds opened up and poured water from the heavens. I immediately ran outside and looked up into the sky, arms spread wide open. The wind came from the left, then the right, then from the front. Gusts were coming from every direction, as if a great composer was creating a musical masterpiece. The raindrops followed the wind's urgings, soaking me through and through. Head toward the sky, I closed my eyes and experienced the forceful wind and the pelting rain. Water dripping off of me from everywhere, my hair and clothes soaked, I just took off running. After a bit, I returned to the yard where my adventure began. I stood in awe of the freedom, the release, the endorphins running through my veins, or maybe let's call that the HOLY SPIRIT. I lingered there a while just taking it all in, praising the GOD responsible for it. HIS power is truly indescribable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting stuff.