Sunday, March 8, 2009

Stir Crazy


So here is my entrance into the blog world. It's not much but it's me. Basically, I always need an outlet to put thoughts down and who knows, maybe someone else would want to read them. Anyways...


I'm sitting in a hotel in Hot Springs, AR going stir crazy. I'm stuck here for a couple more days with every minute of my schedule laid before me by someone else. All I want to do is break out. This kind of applies to my life right now. I'm going stir crazy in my life. I just want to get away for a bit and just drive with no direction, no plan, no schedule, and end up somewhere, hopefully the mountains (I've gotten slightly obsessed with them--JESUS went there to pray and I completely understand the feeling). I want to climb one, exerting every ounce of energy I have toward that single goal, the peak. Then, when I reach the top, I want to look out and take in as much of GOD's creation that my eyes can handle. When they have reached their threshold, I'll turn to the right and take in a new section. HE is the greatest artist of all-time. HE paints the most beautiful pictures in the sunrise, mountains, rivers, the ocean, HIS people. HE is constantly putting new masterpieces in front of me to look at. A friend of mine and I had a conversation a week or so ago about GOD as an artist. Now, normally, I always feel dreary when it rains, but she brought it to my attention that GOD just decided to paint in water colors. Now, I'm kind of fond of it. I really just want to sprint towards rainy, sunny, cold, hot, colorful, dry mountains, because HE created all of that. All of HIM is more that enough for all of me.


I can't wait to see HIM move even more in my life. Thank goodness HE pursues me daily. I started off today with some horrible focus, but HE used the smallest things to say "Hey, here I am." I think we will run away together the latter half of the week. =)


No comments: