Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sometimes, it is nice to just go sit. Yes, just sit. There is this neat little coffee shop here in town that I really like to just sit at, maybe do homework or read or study or just enjoy. This is where I sit typing now. Don't get me wrong, I love my Starbucks, but there is something just homey about this place. So, today...I sit...still. a l o n e. with my thoughts, the workings of the creator running through my head.

This picture means absolutely nothing to alot of people. To others, they know it as "laminin, it holds everything together and it's shaped like a cross." I love that concept, but I also am amazed it the many small parts that all had to come together in a precise fashion to even form this protein.

Today, I sat in class hearing about all of these tiny, miniscule details of the functions of the human body. Then, I go spend some time studying these microscopic parts. The more I look at it, the more I realize that GOD is a master of all trades. HE is the world's best surgeon, smartest scientist, best accountant, strongest carpenter, most helpful counselor, most productive gardener, most gifted author, finest painter, steadiest sculpture, smoothest musician. HE created the miniscule interactions that make our body work, sculpted the mountains that put us in awe, grew the trees, painted the sunset, created all of the laws and theories that math and science have discovered, gives the best advice, gave us the ability to create language. HE never fails to amaze me.

1 comment:

jenna said...

Good stuff, Lana! (I'm guessing you've seen the Louie Giglio lesson about laminin, huh?) :) I want to find an awesome coffee shop to hang out at... hmm... I may have to start exploring.