Sunday, March 15, 2009

spring.break...or what was left of it










So this past Tuesday, the MTSU Lady Raiders won the Sun Belt Conference championship. Since we won, I got the rest of the week off.










Wed.-Taylor and I took a day trip to Chattanooga. We visited the TN Aquarium, where I felt like a 5 year old. I was in awe of the many crazy animals in this place. GOD put some of the craziest, most random, colorful features on all of these little (and not so little) guys. I left there in even more awe of our CREATOR than before. We walked around downtown Chattanooga and stopped to eat at this local pizza place called Lupi's, which was amazing. Then, we walked next door to Greyfriar's Coffee shop, which I highly recommend if you're ever in Chattanooga. It was such a neat little downtown area.













Thurs.- In looking at JESUS's prayer life, HE often went to mountain's to pray. So, I decided I wanted to do just that, and wouldn't be deterred by rain or cold...both of which decided to rear their ugly head. However, I, along with my friend Brad, headed to Short Mountain. I grew up spending my summer's on this mountain so I loved getting to spend more time with my FATHER on it. We sat around and talked about GOD for an hour or so in the 30 degree weather, mixed with a little sleet. I loved just sitting there and watching the fog smother the hills below. Then we went to where all the towers are at the top and watched them ascend into the fog, seemingly going on forever. Ah, I love the mountains!!








Fri.- I went home and had some family time which was refreshing. We went to the Arts Center to see a show. It was nice to be back in what was my summer home these past 2 summers. I also got some fresh, organically grown coffee straight from the Short Mountain Sanctuary. It is quite amazing I must say..face of addiction I know. ha.










Today, it has been up and down. Knowing what GOD is wanting from me in this moment is difficult and against my personality but I want to be faithful. Satan is working hard but GOD has already won. I went to go get dinner at the Gyro Cafe before practice to find out it was closed. So I walked into the Thai place next door, at which I'd never eaten. I was greeted by an elderly man. He said he owned the place. We sat and talked for about 30 minutes about abunch of random stuff. I had left in plenty of time to get to practice, so it was nice to be able to sit and enjoy a conversation with this random man and not worry about looking at my watch. HE is moving, LORD grant me patience.

No comments: