Monday, April 19, 2010

My Soul Sings


If you've ever wondered if your soul sings, I believe it does. The caged bird does so why can't my soul? Mine prefers to rock out quite a bit harder than my actual self feels free enough to do. I was sitting around the other day and decided to close my eyes for a minute or two. This is what proceded to occur:

The sun was beaming down from a blue sky. I was barefoot in the grass, dancing around with my guitar. You could tell by the look in my eyes, I didn't have a care in the world. The words to "Revelation Song" started flowing from my mouth with a timbre that is like nothing I've ever been capable of singing. (Myself in this scenario sounds much better than I do in real life! haha) The hands playing the guitar seemed to have a mind of their own as they danced across the strings; my feet knew exactly where they wanted to step without any cognitive assistance as they bounced effortlessly around on the soft, flowing grass. My mind was free. My heart was overflowing with love.

And so, when I opened my eyes, I realized that was AWESOME! I would love to be like that. Then I realized, that is so my soul. That is what dwells within me. That is what tries to come out, and does in itty bitty teeny tiny doses but never breaks through in its fullness because of my humanity. But man, it was cool! So I decided to let HIM work on bringing some more of that light and love through. I'll let you know how that goes...


No comments: