Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I'm A Big Girl

This past weekend, I moved into my first big girl apartment. I have lived on my own for 3 and a half years while doing my undergrad in various apartments, and even shared a house for a while. But, those were all 30 minutes from home and I was conveniently able to keep a lot of stuff at home and go there whenever I wanted. I even moved back in for my final semester to save money for my PA school move that I knew would be coming, though I didn’t know where at the time.

This past weekend, I moved all of my belongings from my parents’ house to my new, very own apartment 7 hours from home. It’s my first big girl move. I have a roommate. She’s awesome. We are both in the same program and our first real roommate conversation was about JESUS so that was a perfect start to say the least. Then, we planted a flower box because we decided our view out of our window was a little too bland and needed some color.

I’m looking forward to what HE has planned. I don’t know what it looks like but I know it will be good. I know it has been prepared ahead of me and I will step in faith. My move is already testing me (moving in a monsoon, half of my stuff getting wet, broken hot water heater, 3 weeks of not knowing anyone), but it’s an adventure and I’m along for the ride!


Acts 17

26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.

1 comment:

jenna said...

I am so excited for you & all that God has planned to do in you and through you as He leads you through this transition. You have just entered another chapter of your story - let the adventures begin! :)