Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What's New

Well this week is SPRING BREAK and I left the beach to come home! haha. It's always nice to be home but I've decided it's a great demotivator for my workout routine because it's been really cold outside and I don't have a gym. Oh well, guess I'll be playing catch up on my triathalon stuff soon. Also, when I get to come home, my time is limited so I don't want to spend it all working out.

This week, I went back to the cardiologist. They determined I have what's called vasovagal syncope. It's basically a dysfunction of my autonomic nervous system where my brain thinks my heart is beating too fast even when it's beating normally. So, it sends a signal telling it to slow down even though it doesn't need to be slowed. This extreme slowing plummets my heart rate and causes me to pass out. So, now I get to take a daily medication that should control it. It's good to at least know what's going on.

The rest of this week, I'll be at the NAIA tournament in Jackson. Then, on my way back down south, I'll make a pit stop in Auburn to see my Lady Raiders play in the NCAA tournament!!!

...oh and did I mention, I have a practical focused physical and two tests as soon as I get back?

In HIS love.

No comments: