Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sad Week..


This past Wednesday night, Tina Stewart, a member of the team I used to work with, the MTSU Lady Raider basketball team, was brutally stabbed to death by her roommate.

There are no words to describe the shock that something like this would ever occur, much less to someone I know. There are no words to describe the pain to see her current teammate's faces. There are no words to describe the gut wrenching words on her boyfriend KC's heart (who found her) when he said "Everyone keeps saying to focus on the good and not the bad, but that's hard when you know the good could have lasted forever." There are no words to describe the anger that rises up when I think about who could do such a horrible thing. There are no words to describe what I want to say to people who speculate when they know nothing about Tina. There are no words to describe the sorrow this tragedy has brought to the Blue Raider community, of whom I will always be a part.

My heart breaks in the midst of this horrible ordeal. My prayers and thoughts are with the Lady Raiders as they have chosen to continue on to the Sun Belt Conference Tournament and play their first game tomorrow. GOD, bring peace, comfort, and YOUR indescribable love to us all.

In HIS love.

No comments: