Friday, July 16, 2010

End of Semester Review

Oh man it's been a while! I guess PA school doesn't leave much time for updates. But nonetheless, here it goes:

I have one more full week of class and 3 days of tests until I'm officially done with my first semester of PA school! It has been challenging but so awesome and rewarding at the same time. I spend a lot of time studying, but as the semester progressed, I learned exactly how much I needed to study vs how much I could still kind of have a life. Gross Anatomy lab has been a lot of fun. It's awesome getting to see how things lay out inside of us, and the way GOD put it all together and made it work. I think it is a tie for my favorite class along with our Clinical Medicine.

Clin Med has been fun just because it's in that class where we have learned all of our physical exam techniques. Needless to say, all of my family and friends are getting full physicals when I come home for break because I need practice! Today, our second year students had to perform the full physical on us as patients in 30 min, reciting everything they were testing or looking for as they performed each thing. It was intense.

In other news, I'm really excited because for the next year (the rest of my didactic year), my old roommate Jenny and her pup Joplin are moving back to Mobile and will be my new roomies!!! Praise GOD for awesome friends and awesome blessings!

Until next time....

No comments: